Playing or converting MP4 files

  • johncarriezack
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
      I have some MPEG4 (MP4) clips I am trying to play through liberty
      basic. I can (thanks to Alyce's book) get MPEG 1,2 and AVI files to
      play, but not MP4. Is there a way? If not, anyone know how to
      convert to MPEG 1 or 2? I can convert to AVI, but at least in my
      hands, it is a big step down in quality. Any suggestions?? Thanks --
      John M.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
        Hi John,
        it depends on the CODECs you have installed. if you can play them with
        another mediaplayer, then LB should be able to do it aswell.
        you will have to get more information from MSDN.

        HTH,
        Stefan

        > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

      • Gordon Sweet
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2003
          REF TO
          Message: 3
          Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:43:23 -0000
          From: "johncarriezack" <jmont@...>
          Subject: Playing or converting MP4 files

          John,

          Many WAV etc file editors, such as that supplied with Nero CD burning software, allow you to create a WAV or MP3 file, while using another software to play the music or sounds. I had to click on the Stereo Mix in my Sound Recording setup first. Gordon Sweet