Liberty BASIC v4.0 beta 2 is released!

  • carlgundel
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
      Now available for testing, Liberty BASIC v4.0 beta 2!

      Any new features that get added that aren't the result of a bugfix
      will be the exception!

      What's new since the last test release?

      - a new help file (thanks Alyce!)
      - a new command STYLEBITS (PASSWORD and RIGHTJUSTIFY are removed)
      - the runtime engine (need an LB4 reg code to make TKNs for it)
      Bug fixes:
      - Callbacks now work
      - Repaired the DO/LOOP bug where the loops where just falling through
      - Fixed a problem with RESUME where it was popping an empty notice
      when there is no RESUME handler
      - The error.log wasn't being written to when a hard error happened.
      - The resize handler was blowing up. No more.
      - Fixed some odd behavior in the flow control logic for TKN programs.
      - Fixed support for byref in TKN programs
      - Fixed error notices when clicking on some editor toolbar buttons
      - Added disabling behavior for debugger buttons
      - Fixed editor so it opens Liberty4.hlp file
      - Fixed some breakpoint related code that was causing some errors
      while doing simple code editing

      Get your's here:
      http://www.libertybasicuniversity.com/lb4beta2setup.exe
      or
      http://www.libertybasic.com/lb4beta2setup.exe

      Report bugs here:
      http://libertybasic.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=lb4alphatest

      If you have an application you think will be good for testing the
      runtime engine, contact me for a reg code. Let me know what the
      application is.

      -Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
    • Jean-Pierre Denis
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
        Sorry, but I cannot open the v4.0 beta 2 file. I am getting a size
        error!

        Jean-Pierre Denis
        <mailto:jpdenis@...> jpdenis@...

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
        016061:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http:/hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/aut
        oredir?camp=556&lineid=3614674=egroupweb&pos=HM>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egrou
        pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=800392213>

      • carlgundel
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Jean-Pierre Denis"
          <jpdenis@l...> wrote:
          > Sorry, but I cannot open the v4.0 beta 2 file. I am getting a
          size
          > error!

          Sounds like you didn't get the whole file. Try the download again.

          If you can't seem to get the whole file, sometimes a download
          manager or antivirus software can cause the problem. Try disabling
          that stuff if you have it and try again.

          -Carl
        • Jean-Pierre Denis
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
            Thank you Carl,
            I downloaded the file from a different machine and it worked fine.

            Jean-Pierre Denis
            <mailto:jpdenis@...> jpdenis@...

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705016061:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http:/hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=556&lineid=3614674%e2%88%9d=egroupweb&pos=HM>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=932529707>