Is there a way to...

  • Chris Lukas (really 13)->
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2003
      Is there a way to shut down your computer using a command???
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2003
        Hi,
        there is an API call just search the messages here in this group or at the
        conforums, there was a question about this before.
        Or search the web for >> +shutdown +"liberty basic" <<

        ---
        Stefan

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2003
          he old messsage told me to do this but it doesn't work:

          state= _EWX_SHUTDOWN 'Shutdown system
          'state=_EWX_REBOOT 'Reboot system

          Calldll #user32, "ExitWindowsEx",_
          state as ulong,_
          0 as ulong,_
          r as boolean
          end

          I have XP that might have something to do with it

          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Pendl" <megabit@t...>
          wrote:
          > Hi,
          > there is an API call just search the messages here in this
          group or at the
          > conforums, there was a question about this before.
          > Or search the web for >> +shutdown +"liberty basic" <<
          >
          > ---
          > Stefan

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • willieej2002
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2003
            you have to set token privilages, have a look at the lb conforum
            under the board 'API/DLL' as i asked this question quite a while ago.

            -Willie

            --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Lukas (really 13)->"

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2003
              I read in the comforms about privlages but it just got me
              confused...
              If you ever used that in a program can you give me the bas file
              plz...

              --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "willieej2002"

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 4, 2003
                Hi,
                take a look at
                http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sysinfo/bas
                e/shutting_down.asp
                this is C code, but it should be no problem to translate it.

                ---
                Stefan

                ---snip
              • Chris Lukas (really 13)->
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 4, 2003
                  It sayed page mot found...

                  wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  > take a look at
                  > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
                  us/sysinfo/bas
                  > e/shutting_down.asp
                  > this is C code, but it should be no problem to translate it.
                  >
                  > ---
                  > Stefan

                • Bill Beasley
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 4, 2003
                    The link is good. Watch for wrapping on the URL or if that doesn't work for
                    you then help yourself by going to
                    http://msdn.microsoft.com and search library for "system shutdown".

                      It told me how to do it in a different language, but not basic, i
                      think it as C or C++

                      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Beasley" <bbeas00@w...>

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 5, 2003
                        Hi Chris,
                        I told you in my reply with the link that it is C and it should be
                        translateable.
                        System stuff can only be done thru API, there is no native way and I dont
                        think that there will be one in the future, since the kernel changes for
                        every O/S release.
                        these things have a very deep impact to the O/S and should be handled with
                        care, because there might be other apps running and they have to be
                        informend that the system goes down and this can only be done savely by the
                        O/S.

                        take care on what you are doing a user of your app wont be pleased to lose
                        data of another app due to a shutdown initialized by your app.

                        ---
                        Stefan

                        ---snip