AW: [libertybasic] What chr$(x) delets a letter?

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2003
      Hi,
      take a look at http://www.asciitable.com/
      it has the whole table including 8bit ASCII

      ---
      Stefan

      > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

      ---snip
    • Scott
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2003
        Chris, you can use LB to get the ASCII chr$'s for any key. Look at
        the demo that came with LB called ascii.bas

        Scott

        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Lukas (really 13)->"
        <met_guru@y...> wrote:
        > I got an old book out of the library a while ago and i think it
        > sayed there was a way to delete a letter using chr$()...
        > ...while i'm on the chr$() subject, does anyone know a way I can
        get
        > a list of all of them???
        > thanx in advance,
        > -Chris Lukas
      • Chris Lukas (really 13)->
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2003
          ascii only works for letters, but I made this program that tells you
          what key your pressing:

          nomainwin
          'INKEY.BAS - how to use the Inkey$ variable

          open "Inkey$ example" for graphics as #graph
          print #graph, "when characterInput [fetch]"

          [mainLoop]
          print #graph, "setfocus"
          wait

          [fetch] 'a character was typed!

          key$ = Inkey$
          if len(key$) = 1 then
          notice key$+" was pressed!"

          else
          keyValue = asc(right$(key$, 1))
          notice keyValue; " <--- this is the ascii number of the key
          pressed"
          end if

          goto [mainLoop]

          This program was origonaly inkey.bas but i changed it so it would
          work with any key; this used to be the same as ascii but i made it
          give you the chr$() number!

          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <scb335@y...> wrote:
          > Chris, you can use LB to get the ASCII chr$'s for any key. Look at
          > the demo that came with LB called ascii.bas
          >
          > Scott
          >
          > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Lukas (really 13)->"
          > <met_guru@y...> wrote:
          > > I got an old book out of the library a while ago and i think it
          > > sayed there was a way to delete a letter using chr$()...
          > > ...while i'm on the chr$() subject, does anyone know a way I can
          > get
          > > a list of all of them???
          > > thanx in advance,
          > > -Chris Lukas
        • Gordon Rahman
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2003
            Hello Chris,
            What do you mean by delete a LETTER?
            I'm Dutch. Do you mean a character?

            To delete a character you could use the backspace.
            BACKSPACE is CHR$(8)

            To see all CHR$
            Try this

            FOR CHARACTER = 0 to 255
            PRINT CHR$(CHARACTER)
            NEXT CHARACTER

            WAIT

            <met_guru@y...> wrote:
            > I got an old book out of the library a while ago and i think it
            > sayed there was a way to delete a letter using chr$()...
            > ...while i'm on the chr$() subject, does anyone know a way I can
            get
            > a list of all of them???
            > thanx in advance,
            > -Chris Lukas
          • John Davidson
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 3, 2003
              <met_guru@y...> wrote:
              > I got an old book out of the library a while ago and i think it
              > sayed there was a way to delete a letter using chr$()...

              I do not believe that you can use a chr$ to delete a character in LB.

              Try a$=left$(a$,len(a$)-1)

              > ...while i'm on the chr$() subject, does anyone know a way I can
              get
              > a list of all of them???

              LBAscii at http://www.geocities.com/johnshomeport/

              HTH