Printing a Quote (") in a string

  • hwc003
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2003
      Is there a way to print a Quote in a string? Most basics I am
      familiar with let you surround the quote with another special
      character.

      A$ = " This is a quote mark " "
      print # xx, A$

      I would like it to print This is a quote mark "

      I need to be able to print a " for some routines that generate HTML
      code
      Thanks
      Harry
    • Doyle Whisenant
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2003
        hwc003 wrote:
        > Is there a way to print a Quote in a string? Most basics I am
        > familiar with let you surround the quote with another special
        > character.

        Try this:

        --
        Doyle Whisenant
        http://www.freewebs.com/mekdesign/
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2003
          You have to insert the quote character by using its ASCII character value as
          such.
          print #handle, "Joe said, "; chr$(34); "This is a quotation."; chr$(34)
          Happy quoting,
          Tom