JPEG.DLL

  • Gordon Sweet
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 4, 2003
      REF TO
      Message: 2
      Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 07:54:55 -0700
      From: "Justin" <gsi@...>
      Subject: Re: JPEG.DLL

      Thanks Justin,

      I will try again, and let all Know if I succeed. Trouble is the system does not complain until several minutes have elapsed. Gordon

    • Justin
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 4, 2003
        yep, that is what mine did as well.
        took a while to fill up 512mb, but it will
        do it! :o)

        I only found the problem days after I made the
        routine, when I finally had an out of memory error.
        That was when I caught a few redundant "flush" commands
        and one within a loop.

        Oops! :o)

        HTH,

        Justin.

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 4, 2003
          Below is the code that appeared either here or in a newsletter for a
          hidden enter key button. It must be labeled .default. In this code it
          shifts the focus to the next line. I use it in a program to emulate a
          bitmap button. On different windows, that bitmap button may perform
          different tasks but the hidden enter always uses the same branch as the
          bitmap button and therefore also completes the task.

          jim

          '---- Code
          'Form created with the help of Freeform 3 v03-25-02
          'Generated on May 21, 2003 at 11:32:39
          [setup.1.Window]

          '-----Begin code for #1

          nomainwin
          WindowWidth = 285
          WindowHeight = 300
          UpperLeftX=int((DisplayWidth-WindowWidth)/2)
          UpperLeftY=int((DisplayHeight-WindowHeight)/2)

          '-----Begin GUI objects code

          button #1.default,"&Enter",[nextClick],UL,-400,-400, 36, 25
          button #1.b1,"&Next",[nextClick], UL, 91, 100, 80, 25
          button #1.b2,"&Back",[button3Click], UL, 8, 100, 80, 25
          button #1.b3,"&Cancel",[quit.1], UL, 175, 100, 75, 25
          textbox #1.tex1, 8, 21, 242, 26
          textbox #1.tex2, 8, 51, 242, 26
          textbox #1.tex3, 8,81,242,26

          open "untitled" for dialog_modal as #1
          print #1, "font ms_sans_serif 8"
          print #1, "trapclose [quit.1]"
          print #1.tex1,"!setfocus"
          h1=hwnd(#1.tex1)
          h2=hwnd(#1.tex2)
          h3=hwnd(#1.tex3)

          [1.inputLoop]
          calldll #user32, "GetFocus",testFocus as long
          wait

          [nextClick]

          select case testFocus
          case h1
          print #1.tex2,"!setfocus"
          case h2
          print #1.tex3,"!setfocus"
          case h3
          print #1.tex3, "!setfocus"

          end select
          goto [1.inputLoop]

          [button3Click]
          wait

          [quit.1] 'End the program
          close #1
          end

          '---- End Code

          dbwisc@yahoo wrote:

          >It seems to me that there was some talk about tying the enter key to a
          >button. Is that only if the button is given focus or can I have an ENTER
          >button that will be "pressed" when the enter key is?
          >
          >Also, I am still working with 3.03 beta 2 is there a more recent release
          >of 3.03 and how do I get it? I thought people were having problems with
          >the final version.

          Go to Carl's web site where you can download 3.03 in it's final version.

          --
          Jim & Jan Brossman - Sno-Dragon Siberians - Durango, Colorado
          Show Secretary Web Site - http://users.sisna.com/jbross/showsec.html
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 4, 2003
            --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "dbwisc@y..." <yahoo@n...>
            wrote:
            > It seems to me that there was some talk about tying the enter key
            to a
            > button. Is that only if the button is given focus or can I have an
            ENTER
            > button that will be "pressed" when the enter key is?

            You can set a button to respond to the Enter key if you use a dialog
            window. Here is a little snip from the help file.

            Default Button
            In a dialog window, you may give a button the extension "default".
            If the user presses the ENTER key while in the dialog window, it
            will be the same as if the button whose extension is "default" is
            pressed and program execution will continue at the event handler
            [branchLabel] for that button. In the example below, the program
            will branch to the [okay] routine when the user presses ENTER.

            button #win.default, "Okay",[okay],UL,200,100
            open "Test" for dialog as #win

            > Also, I am still working with 3.03 beta 2 is there a more recent
            release
            > of 3.03 and how do I get it? I thought people were having problems
            with
            > the final version.

            I can't think of any good reason for you to not get the latest and
            greatest from our download page here
            http://www.libertybasic.com/download.html

            Does anyone know offhand if there are any especially bad bugs that
            are in the release version that aren't in beta 2?

            > Q: can anyone really get along without LBW? I can't!

            LBW should work just fine with the released version of v3.03 as far
            as I know.

            -Carl