LB4

  • willieej2002
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 16 5:14 PM
      Does anyone know when LB 4.0 will be available?

      Alyce????
    • carlgundel
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 16 5:26 PM
        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "willieej2002"
        <willieej2002@y...> wrote:
        > Does anyone know when LB 4.0 will be available?

        There will be another test release by the end of this month, but the
        official release won't happen at least until summer is over.
        Probably October.

        -Carl
      • willieej2002
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 17 2:18 PM
          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "carlgundel" <carlg@l...> wrote:
          > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "willieej2002"
          > <willieej2002@y...> wrote:
          > > Does anyone know when LB 4.0 will be available?
          >
          > There will be another test release by the end of this month, but
          the
          > official release won't happen at least until summer is over.
          > Probably October.
          >
          > -Carl

          >Thanks Carl!
          >I was just wondering because I saw some code available for LB4.

          Thanks a lot!
        • robomadness
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 3, 2003
            Hello Everyone,

            I keep seeing posts about LB4. Is there a beta version released that
            people are using/trying?

            Let me say to Carl Gundel that he has created a fine program and I
            think he has single handidly ressurected Basic on the PC, Kudo's Carl!

            Mark
          • berniewaltzer
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 23, 2003
              I just purchased LB 3. Can I upgrade it to LB4? Where and how?
              Bernie
            • carlgundel
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 23, 2003
                --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "berniewaltzer" <oosoo@e...>
                wrote:
                > I just purchased LB 3. Can I upgrade it to LB4? Where and how?

                Bernie,

                You and others who purchased very recently will get the upgrade code
                for free, either tonight or tomorrow (as soon as I can get my act
                together). What it comes down to is, if your original registration
                notice says that you will receive the LB4 code, then you will.

                -Carl
              • carlgundel
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 23, 2003
                  In order to qualify for this free upgrade you would need to have
                  ordered on or after November 4, 2003.

                  -Carl

                  --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "carlgundel" <carlg@l...> wrote:
                  > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "berniewaltzer" <oosoo@e...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > I just purchased LB 3. Can I upgrade it to LB4? Where and how?
                  >
                  > Bernie,
                  >
                  > You and others who purchased very recently will get the upgrade
                  code
                  > for free, either tonight or tomorrow (as soon as I can get my act
                  > together). What it comes down to is, if your original
                  registration
                  > notice says that you will receive the LB4 code, then you will.
                  >
                  > -Carl
                • longpockets2000
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 23, 2003
                    I puchased on the 24/10, and read in forums that free upgrade would
                    be available. I think it's a bit stiff to have to pay for the upgrade
                    when v4 was going throught final betas so close to my purchase.
                    :-(
                    regards

                    --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "carlgundel" <carlg@l...> wrote:
                    > In order to qualify for this free upgrade you would need to have
                    > ordered on or after November 4, 2003.
                    >
                    > -Carl
                    >
                    > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "carlgundel" <carlg@l...>
                    wrote:
                    > > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "berniewaltzer" <oosoo@e...>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > > I just purchased LB 3. Can I upgrade it to LB4? Where and how?
                    > >
                    > > Bernie,
                    > >
                    > > You and others who purchased very recently will get the upgrade
                    > code
                    > > for free, either tonight or tomorrow (as soon as I can get my act
                    > > together). What it comes down to is, if your original
                    > registration
                    > > notice says that you will receive the LB4 code, then you will.
                    > >
                    > > -Carl
                  • carlgundel
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 23, 2003
                      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "longpockets2000" <showe@m...> wrote:
                      > I puchased on the 24/10, and read in forums that free upgrade would
                      > be available. I think it's a bit stiff to have to pay for the upgrade
                      > when v4 was going throught final betas so close to my purchase.
                      > :-(

                      If by my communication I made you think that you would get a free upgrade, I'll be
                      glad to give you one (just email me privately). However, no one should really expect
                      to get one unless the ordering page specifically told them so when they ordered, and
                      the ordering page didn't offer free upgrades until Nov 4, 2003.

                      -Carl
                    • green8819
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 19, 2013
                        Somebody once wrote here that "LB is nothing without APIs".
                        Recently somebody else wrote, "LB is dead".
                        Why?

                        These few days, I have been struggling with LB texteditor that defied many of my attempts at workarounds because it won't accept Stylebits. In fact, I had brought up this same topic long time ago. There were no solutions then.

                        I have two solutions now: 1)Bill Jennings's 2)Alyce's. Both are complicated, both are long. In spite of that, I managed to solve my "HELP NEEDED" topic issue with Alyce's 'Barebones Texteditor'.

                        There is a third solution: LBB.
                        I had said, also long time ago, that LBB is good, but I do not support it. I held this view, till today, now.

                        LBB just solved my problem with just 1 line of code. No APIs, no long code!

                        I cannot be stubborn anymore. I support it now. I must also hasten to say that its standalone failed for a few apps when I used it then. It may be improved now with version 2.

                        For me, as a LB user, it doesn't matter now who created LBB.
                        Go to LBB site, take a look at what Carl himself says about LBB.

                        Richard's post appeared here about a month ago. I take it that all's well now.