Re: [libertybasic] Liberty BASIC Newsletter Issue #108

  • Justin
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 30, 2003
      Wowee! So much great stuff!
      They just keep getting better, and taking
      more time to get through! :o)
      I am not sure I will ever be able to apply it all!

      Thanks so very much, everyone, for all of your hard work.

      Justin.
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 27 , May 3 3:23 AM
        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Alyce Watson <alycewatson@c...>
        wrote:
        > Issue #108 is out and it is packed with great articles.

        Many thanks to the contributors of yet another amazing newsletter.

        Alyce's Tabstrip will be of particular use to me, although all the
        contributions are of great interest.

        Please Alyce let us in to the secret of which DLL you use to convert
        standard days of 24 hours into superdays of 36 hours? I find the
        functionality of a standard day restrictive and would benefit from
        the expansion possibilities if only I knew which DLL (256 bit of
        course) to use!

        Regards to all,

        Mike.
      • quatermassmbe
        Message 3 of 27 , Jun 5, 2003
          The concern is simple and probably answered previously... but if so,
          I couldn't find it. I do a print #h, "print" where #h is a graphics
          window and what is close to a full screen graphics on the monitor
          comes out miniscule on the printer. What can I do to get a larger
          sized print copy? thanks
        • Alyce Watson
          Message 4 of 27 , Jun 5, 2003

            http://www.libertybasicuniversity.com/lbnews/nl103/3.htm
          • bbjen@hotPOP.com
            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 30, 2003
              The Newsletter Index and List of Contents have been upgraded and are
              available at:

              Issue #111 is excellent, with many fine contributions from LB people. Much
              appreciated!

              Bill J.
            • Justin
              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 30, 2003
                Anxious to see the newsletter but
                it is not available - to me anyway.

                Justin.

                > The Newsletter Index and List of Contents have been upgraded and are
                > available at:

                > Issue #111 is excellent, with many fine contributions from LB people.
                Much
                > appreciated!
                >
                > Bill J.

              • Alyce Watson
                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 30, 2003
                  At 12:18 PM 7/30/2003 -0700, you wrote:
                  >Anxious to see the newsletter but
                  >it is not available - to me anyway.
                  >
                  >Justin.
                  >
                  > > The Newsletter Index and List of Contents have been upgraded and are
                  > > available at:

                  Bill found the upload at the lbnews yahoo group. The newsletter hasn't been
                  officially published yet. Carl must upload it to his site when he gets a
                  chance. Either he will let you know, or one of the publishers will make an
                  announcement. You can get it at the URL above, if you are a member of that
                  yahoo group.

                  -Alyce
                • Alyce Watson
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 31, 2003
                    Online newsletters (also downloadable versions):
                    http://babek.info/libertybasicfiles/lbnews/

                    Newsletter download archives:

                    Carl's newsletter site (Carl hasn't had an opportunity to upload yet, so
                    check back soon):
                    http://www.libertybasicuniversity.com/lbnews/

                    Issue #111 is a very special one because of the large amount of community
                    participation! Thanks so much to all of the nice people who submitted
                    articles, demos and reviews to the newsletter this month. It is packed with
                    good stuff! We attempt to provide articles on a variety of topics and we
                    also try to include something for everyone from novice to old pro.

                    Be sure to leave comments, questions, corrections and discussion on the
                    newsletter feedback board here:
                    http://libertybasic.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=feedback

                    -Alyce

                    In this issue:
                    · Beginning Game Programming, Session 3 - by Richard Ryles
                    · Pseudo Menubars on a Window - by Alyce Watson
                    · Binary Numbers - by Norman
                    · Designing Games Humans Can Play - by Tom McIntire, aka WhizCat
                    · API Corner - Modifying Liberty BASIC Controls
                    · Using the JPEG.DLL - by Alyce Watson
                    · Graphics Text Tutorial - by Alyce Watson
                    · Tip Corner - The Trapclose Command
                    · Installers for Liberty BASIC - User Reviews
                    · Demo Programs from the Community
                    · Submission Guidelines

                    .