Re: [libertybasic] Direct execution of file

  • Alyce Watson
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2003
      At 03:13 AM 4/1/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      > > Yes, but all these things do start the editor. If what he is
      > > looking for is a way to run his program without the editor at all,
      > > the runtime engine is required. This is only available to
      > > registered users. ;-)
      > > -Carl
      >
      >Yes, but I *am* a registered user. I've found a really good editor
      >and
      >I want to have it evoke the program from there.
      >How do I do it?
      >DB.

      I already gave you the answer, David.

      Use you editor to "run" LB and send the filename in the command line, using
      the optional switches that cause LB to minimize automatically while
      running, and to exit automatically when the program finishes. (Note that
      the -m switch is broken in this version, so don't try to use it.) This is
      documented in the helpfile under "using a different code editor." This is
      the way I run programs written in LB Workshop. You can run it with a
      simple "run" command as it is done in the open souce editor, or by api
      calls, as it is done in Dennis' editor, JaLBe. Just send in the filename
      in the commnand line, with the -r switch to run it in LB.

      -Alyce
    • David Beiswenger
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2003
        > > > Yes, but all these things do start the editor. If what he is

        > > > looking for is a way to run his program without the editor at
        all,

        > > > the runtime engine is required. This is only available to

        > > > registered users. ;-)

        > > > -Carl

        So what did Carl mean in saying I could use the runtime engine and not
        evoke the editor. Is that not right or is it not feasable?

        DB
      • Alyce Watson
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2003
          At 02:01 PM 4/1/2003 +0000, you wrote:
          >So what did Carl mean in saying I could use the runtime engine and not
          >evoke the editor. Is that not right or is it not feasable?

          The runtime engine only works with files that have been tokenized by a
          registered gold version of Liberty BASIC. You cannot use it to "run"
          source code.