Direct execution of file

  • David Beiswenger
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2003
      > Yes, but all these things do start the editor. If what he is

      > looking for is a way to run his program without the editor at all,

      > the runtime engine is required. This is only available to

      > registered users. ;-)

      > -Carl

      Yes, but I *am* a registered user. I've found a really good editor
      and
      I want to have it evoke the program from there.

      How do I do it?

      DB.
    • Alyce Watson
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2003
        At 03:13 AM 4/1/2003 +0000, you wrote:
        > > Yes, but all these things do start the editor. If what he is
        > > looking for is a way to run his program without the editor at all,
        > > the runtime engine is required. This is only available to
        > > registered users. ;-)
        > > -Carl
        >
        >Yes, but I *am* a registered user. I've found a really good editor
        >and
        >I want to have it evoke the program from there.
        >How do I do it?
        >DB.

        I already gave you the answer, David.

        Use you editor to "run" LB and send the filename in the command line, using
        the optional switches that cause LB to minimize automatically while
        running, and to exit automatically when the program finishes. (Note that
        the -m switch is broken in this version, so don't try to use it.) This is
        documented in the helpfile under "using a different code editor." This is
        the way I run programs written in LB Workshop. You can run it with a
        simple "run" command as it is done in the open souce editor, or by api
        calls, as it is done in Dennis' editor, JaLBe. Just send in the filename
        in the commnand line, with the -r switch to run it in LB.

        -Alyce
      • David Beiswenger
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2003
          > > > Yes, but all these things do start the editor. If what he is

          > > > looking for is a way to run his program without the editor at
          all,

          > > > the runtime engine is required. This is only available to

          > > > registered users. ;-)

          > > > -Carl

          So what did Carl mean in saying I could use the runtime engine and not
          evoke the editor. Is that not right or is it not feasable?

          DB
        • Alyce Watson
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2003
            At 02:01 PM 4/1/2003 +0000, you wrote:
            >So what did Carl mean in saying I could use the runtime engine and not
            >evoke the editor. Is that not right or is it not feasable?

            The runtime engine only works with files that have been tokenized by a
            registered gold version of Liberty BASIC. You cannot use it to "run"
            source code.