siwiki spam?

  • alincon2001 <alincon@gowebway.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2003
      I received an email today from someone whose
      name I did not recognize. Usually I delete
      such email without opening them.
      But this one had something about LB Siwiki
      (Sawiki?)in the subject line, so I did open it.
      There was some kind of offer to help me with
      my web site.
      I have no web site, nor do I want one.
      At that point I deleted the email and thought
      I had been spammed. Had someone taken over
      the Siwiki site and sent email to everyone
      who had ever visited that site?
      Has anyone else gotten such email?
      Was it spam, or was it ligit?
      r.m.
    • Alyce Watson
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2003
        At 04:32 AM 2/1/2003 +0000, you wrote:

        >I have no web site, nor do I want one.
        >At that point I deleted the email and thought
        >I had been spammed. Had someone taken over
        >the Siwiki site and sent email to everyone
        >who had ever visited that site?
        >Has anyone else gotten such email?
        >Was it spam, or was it ligit?
        >r.m.

        I'm sure it was spam. There is no way to know who has visited the
        site. You put your email address on a public site and someone has
        harvested it. I did a search of the site for "alincon" and got hits on two
        pages.

        http://libertybasic.swiki.net/153
        http://libertybasic.swiki.net/154

        Alyce
      • Alyce Watson
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2003
          At 12:25 PM 2/3/2003 +0100, you wrote:
          >Hi Alyce,
          >
          >Do you happen to know anyone with experience in labelprinting from LB using
          >the Dumo Label writer series?

          No, sorry.

          Alyce
        • easysnack
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
            Hi Alyce,

            Do you happen to know anyone with experience in labelprinting from LB using
            the Dumo Label writer series?

            Thanks,

            Luc

          • easysnack
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
              thanks, it could be a good reason for me to learn how to implement a DLL in
              my program... :-)
              Luc
              >Do you happen to know anyone with experience in labelprinting from LB
              using
              >the Dumo Label writer series?

              No, sorry.

              Alyce