Unable to make standalone program in Win95

  • pf9000 <pf9000@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2003
      The only way it will work as a standalone on Win 95 is if I copy it
      to the Liberty Basic folder. The following files listed below are
      not enough to make it work as a standalone on my version of Win95.

      vbas31w.sll
      vgui31w.sll
      voflr31w.sll
      vthk31w.dll
      vtk1631w.dll
      vtk3231w.dll
      vvm31w.dll
      vvmt31w.dll

      Could it be that Liberty Basic does not work as a standalone on
      Win95? Or could it be that it doesn't work on my version of Win95,
      because it is the old original version. My standalone programs work
      fine on Win NT and Win 2000.
    • carlgundel <carlg@libertybasic.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2003
        Liberty BASIC does work under Windows 95, as I'm sure many here will
        be able to confirm. It is possible that there is something
        different about your copy because of some other installed software,
        or perhaps some device driver issue. Installing some applications
        will replace one or more Windows DLLs with different versions, and
        this can cause difficulties.

        What is the exact symptom you are experiencing?

        -Carl

        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "pf9000 <pf9000@y...>"

      • pf9000 <pf9000@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2003
          Thanx4 the quick response! Standalone program will work when placed
          in C:\Program Files\Liberty Basic v3.02, however, if I create a file
          called C:\Liberty Standalone and place those essential files in there
          along with myprogram.tkn and rename a copy of run.exe to
          myprogram.exe then double-clicking on it gives the error, "could not
          find image file", yet when the same thing is copied to WINNT or
          WIN2000, it works fine.
        • carlgundel <carlg@libertybasic.com>
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2003
            <pf9000@y...> wrote:
            > Thanx4 the quick response! Standalone program will work when
            placed
            > in C:\Program Files\Liberty Basic v3.02, however, if I create a
            file
            > called C:\Liberty Standalone and place those essential files in
            there
            > along with myprogram.tkn and rename a copy of run.exe to
            > myprogram.exe then double-clicking on it gives the error, "could
            not
            > find image file", yet when the same thing is copied to WINNT or
            > WIN2000, it works fine.

            Perhaps you could zip up the files from your Win95 box and email
            them to me? I could have a look at them.

            -Carl