Re: [libertybasic] Freeform3 Progress Report

  • bbjen@hotPOP.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 31, 2002
      That is a huge update list, John!
      Thanks for all your work.

      Bill J.

      At 06:43 AM 1/1/03 -0000, you wrote:
> [...]
      >probably be the last one this year.
      >This will be release 123102
      >
      >You can download this release at
      >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreeForm3/
      >
      >I thought you might also like a year end progress report on
      >Freeform3.
      >
      >This is a partial list of Freeform3 updates since August 24,2002.
      >
      >Controls are now created where specified in the Grid Settings dialog.
      >
      >Settings Dialog has been updated and you may now set default:
      >1) Window Type
      >2) Handle
      >3) Font
      >
      >Tooltips can be turned off in Freeform3 and you can now turn off the
      >prompt on exit.
      >
      >Fonts may be specified for all controls.
      >
      >Now adds fonts to all controls, in output code, for graphic type
      >windows.
      >
      >Added a "Test Form" button in the main toolbar.
      >
      >A popup listbox that contains all controls and their perimeters, this
      >will allow you to edit controls that are initialized off screen.
      >
      >Added a "selectall" routine for all textboxs,in dialogs used by
      >Freeform3.
      >
      >RGB Colors now accepted for graphics windows and graphicboxs.
      >
      >Added "Run" button to Freeform.
      >
      >Now removes the 'Edit' menu when the last texteditor is removed.
      >
      >Added active position and size display for controls and GUI.
      >
      >Added error trapping for maximum number of controls.
      >
      >Freeform3 now adds only one instance of a branch label to the output
      >code.
      >This allows more than one control may access common branches.
      >You may also specify the branch as "[quit]" to exit your program.
      >
      >Freeform 3 no longer adds "TempFile.bas" to LB's mru.
      >
      >Turned on the "hot keys"
      >Note:
      >Hotkeys do not work when "Properties window" is open.
      >
      >Adding menus or menu items now allows multiple entries.
      >
      >Cleaned up the menu output code, added continuation characters.
      >
      >For those who don't like working in a full screen, clicking
      >Freeform3's maximize/restore button will now "restore" Freeform3 to
      >fit the default form size.
      >
      >Window position now defaults to center.
      >
      >Cleaned up the output code that was causing an unnecessary number of
      >TextboxColor$ and the like to appear in the code.
      >
      >Added a "Save as" routine and eliminated the prompt when saving a
      >previously saved form.
      >
      >Now automatically adds the correct extension if is missing.
      >
      >Cleaned up the output code for tool tips.
      >Cleaned up the statusbar output code.
      >Added code to create statusbars in graphics type windows.
      >
      >Added "Wait" statements for menu items in output code.
      >
      >When the tooltip menu item checked the output code for the tooltips
      >will not be produced.
      >If you have entered tooltip text and opt to not produce the tooltip
      >code, the tooltip info you entered is not erased.
      >It can be output if you un-check the "Do Not Produce Tool Tips" menu

      ---
      [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by http://www.intouchmi.com]
    • Brad and Anna Moore
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 31, 2002
        Wow! And what a way to ring in the new year!

        Brad.

        Happy 2003 everyone!

      • David Drake <ddrake@foundrysearch.com>
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2003
          Hello all, and especially John:

          What a great set of tweaks, updates and fixes! I'm impressed.

          Does everybody remember where Freeform was just a year ago? In
          December 2001, Carl asked me to update Freeform for LB3. I made a
          few changes to what Alyce had already done, but look how the
          community as a whole has taken on Freeform as a real group project!

          Thank you, everyone, for helping to make such a fine product even
          better!

          - David Drake
        • milfredo@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 1, 2003
            In a message dated 12/31/02 10:43:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
            johnshomeport@... writes:

            John,

            I've tried to download the upgrade, but have not been successful. I go to
            the site and see a short blurb on it, but can't get a download going. Any
            ideas?
            By the way, I think free form is a great program

            Milfredo

          • John Davidson <johnshomeport@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 1, 2003
              Hello Milfredo,

              Sorry to hear that you are having trouble downloading Freeform.

              Could be Yahoo because I just downloaded it with no problems.

              Give it another try.
              If you can't download it let me know and I will e-mail you a copy.

              Thanks for the post, my friend
              John Davidson
              johnshomeport@...
            • John Davidson <johnshomeport@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 2, 2003
                Hello Brad, Bill J, David, and Milfredo,
                Thank you for your kind words.

                > Does everybody remember where Freeform was just a year ago? In
                > December 2001, Carl asked me to update Freeform for LB3. I made a
                > few changes to what Alyce had already done, but look how the
                > community as a whole has taken on Freeform as a real group project!

                Yes David, it is really is a successful group project!

                Many people have contributed to this project and it just wouldn't be
                Freeform without that participation.

                Myself, I am quite thankful to have had the opportunity to smooth out
                a couple of rough edges and add a few lines of code.

                As David said,

              • alincon2001 <alincon@gowebway.com>
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 2, 2003
                  Let me add my appreciation for all the work you have
                  done on freeform, John.
                  Is it too much to ask: are you planning to update
                  the freeform help file to reflect all the improvements?
                  r.m.

                  --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "John Davidson

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 5, 2003
                    Hello Richard,
                    It's always good to here from you.

                    First let me apologize for taking so long to respond.
                    A while back I curled up next to a warm fire to read the latest issue
                    of LBNews,
                    I didn't know that presto-logs and keyboards don't mix!

                    I have started updating the help files. Man, I didn't realize all the
                    changes that have been made this year!

                    I'll keep plugging away at the help files unless someone else would
                    like to take on this task.

                    Thank you for your kind words Richard
                    John Davidson
                    johnshomeport@...