Re: [libertybasic] Re: single file distribution .EXE

  • Chergarj@cs.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 1, 2002
      In a message dated 11/30/2002 11:22:24 PM Pacific Standard Time, trondoc2002@... writes:
      I don't know that it is "better", but more of an alternative.
      It was written orignally for LB users who wanted a single
      .EXEcutable file for ease of distribution.
      I will be posting a "comments" page with remarks from users
      as soon as I can find the time to do so.
      Joe

      We can also zip our set of files into ONE single compressed file.  (Winzip...)

      G C
    • Alyce Watson
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 1, 2002
        At 12:07 PM 12/1/2002 -0500, you wrote:
        >We can also zip our set of files into ONE single compressed file. (Winzip...)

        Yes, you can certainly distribute the files zipped. The user must unzip
        them to a directory and choose to run the exe. The wrapper stays a single
        file. It extracts all of the program files to run the program, then
        deletes those created files when the program terminates. One advantage of
        this is that users cannot corrupt or delete needed program files, since
        they are extracted again each time the program is run.

        It is perfectly fine to zip your programs for distribution. The Wrap
        offers an alternative for those who prefer it.

        Alyce