Re: [libertybasic] News Letter

  • Brad and Anna Moore
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8 8:53 AM
      The body was included as an attachment.  Go to the yahoo site for the LBNewsletter and download the whole thing.  Or, if you wish to recieve it via email I will mail you my copy under private cover provided you say the word.  It is about 240Kb I think.

      Brad.
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8 1:01 PM
        Alyce or Brad,

        I am sure I have done something silly, but I do no seem to have received the November News Letter, only a synopsis of its contents. Where can I pick up a copy?    Thanks    Gordon
      • Alyce
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 8 1:21 PM
          I'm sending this again. The first attempt somehow grabbed a file
          from my computer and attached it. If you got the file, please
          delete it. It isn't dangerous or anything, just a personal file.
          Thanks - I know this group is honorable folks and will delete my
          file, if they got it.

          Alyce

          At 09:01 PM 11/8/2002 +0000, you wrote:
          Alyce or Brad,

          I am sure I have done something silly, but I do no seem to have
          received the November News Letter, only a synopsis of its contents.
          Where can I pick up a copy? Thanks Gordon

          The newsletter text was 86KB, so it wasn't included in the email,
          but as a text file in the attached zip. This message was included
          in the email:

          Because of the large size of this newsletter, the body of it is not
          included in the email. Please see the attached zip file for the
          complete
          newsletter, plus demos, articles and tools.

          Archives of all past newsletters are contained in the files area, so
          you always have access.

          Alyce

          .
        • karinsalah
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2009
            Hello
            I have notice that the News Letter of the Liberty Basic Programmer's Encyclopedia has started in Jan.2002 with package Issue #92 and ended in Apr. 2006 with package Issue #143,
            1-Is there any packages befor Issue #92. is it just numbering started with 92?
            2-Is there any reason for stopping after Apr. 2006
            Thanks

            Karin
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 5, 2009

              > Hello
              > I have notice that the News Letter of the Liberty Basic
              > Programmer's Encyclopedia has started in Jan.2002 with
              > package Issue #92 and ended in Apr. 2006 with package Issue #143,
              > 1-Is there any packages befor Issue #92. is it just numbering
              > started with 92?
              > 2-Is there any reason for stopping after Apr. 2006
              > Thanks

              Issues 1 to 92 are for 16-bit LB versions 1.x to 2.x, so the ZIP archive for issue 92 includes all the previous issues too.

              The newsletter has been retired in favor to the wikispaces wikis, since we can now update and correct code easily.

              Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
              Liberty BASIC 4.04 public beta ... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404b3setup.exe

              Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2
              AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2GHz, 4GB RAM
            • MaxxHuggs
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 5, 2009
                News letters back to 1998 are available. Check out this page: http://babek.info/libertybasicfiles/lbnews/

                Newsletter subsequent to 2006 have been moved to http://lbpe.wikispaces.com/ in Wiki format.

                Good luck to you!

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 5, 2009

                  > > Hello
                  > > I have notice that the News Letter of the Liberty Basic
                  > > Programmer's Encyclopedia has started in Jan.2002 with
                  > > package Issue #92 and ended in Apr. 2006 with package Issue #143,
                  > > 1-Is there any packages befor Issue #92. is it just numbering
                  > > started with 92?
                  > > 2-Is there any reason for stopping after Apr. 2006
                  > > Thanks
                  > >

                  > Issues 1 to 92 are for 16-bit LB versions 1.x to 2.x, so the
                  > ZIP archive for issue 92 includes all the previous issues too.
                  >
                  > The newsletter has been retired in favor to the wikispaces
                  > wikis, since we can now update and correct code easily.

                  Just for your information, the newsletter was originally published through the lbnews Yahoo! group.

                  Starting with issue 93 it was decided to have a HTML based web version.

                  After publishing issue 143 it was decided to move to a place where code can be updated, as this was found to be a big problem with
                  the static web pages.