6019Re: New Newsletter & Include File

  • mooreathome65
    Jun 3, 2002
      Well thanks again to Dean for the submission of the staring character
      for the June 2002 (issue 97) newsletter.

      Like they say: "Liberty Basic - its not just for breakfast anymore"

      Or was that orange juice. Its all running together...

      --- In libertybasic@y..., "Dean Jolly" <tron@n...> wrote:
      > Hi Brad,
      >
      > Its nice to hear that im not the only one who thinks LB is more
      than a "toy
      > language".
      > And I have finally finished an other serial com project. I had to
      build for
      > the lab a synthesis unit that converts radio active CO2 into HCN (
      the HCN
      > is used as abuilding block for many things ). All the
      communication between
      > the PC and the unit is serial.
      > That way valves, ovens, etc are easely controled.
      >
      > If you get stuck i'd be happy to help,
      >
      > Dean Jolly
      > Cyclotron facility
      > MNI

      Alyce!)
      > > to make the bmp preview a little better, and use nview.dll so
      other
      > > graphic files can be previewed.
      > >
      > > Well that's the plan for now anyhow. My new baby girl arrived 4
      > > months ago and I haven't had the time I use to have to work on
      > > learning LB and writing programs, so bare with me. If anyone would
      > > like to work on Include File please feel free! If you do improve
      on
      > > it I would like to have a copy! :)
      > >
      > > A note to Carl G.,
      > > Maybe in a future release of LB. It would be possible to use a
      method
      > > simular to the one that i'm using in Include File or another
      method
      > > to include files and unpack them using native LB. Or maybe, a
      command
      > > to load a bmp from a string. That way once a bmp is unpacked into
      > > string it can be loaded from the string, instead of written to
      the HD
      > > then loaded. (This would save some time on the loading of unpacked
      > > bmps)
      > >
      > > Well I think that this message is long enough :)
      > > Thanks to everyone that had a part in making the news letter!
      > >
      > > ~laz

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic