5240Re: Compiled or Interpreted?

  • bryan_davisuk
    May 1 2:21 AM
      Hm, intertesting question, compiled generally is taken to mean
      compiled to machine code, which is something LB does not do, and I
      dont belive that it runs at machine code speeds.

      However, it isnt strictly interpreted either, others with more
      experience may have a different take, but generally interpreters run
      from source code which LB dosnt do either

      The compiled/interpreted definition is an extreamly old division, and
      is probably now out of date, I dont know if domeone has added a third
      catergory yet, but I believe there are a few other languges that fall
      into this grey area, maybe enough to define a third classification.

      --- In libertybasic@y..., "sjl_99" <sjl_99@y...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm still new to LB. The subject line says it all.. is LB compiled
      or
      > interpreted?
      >
      > My understanding is that compiled languages run many times faster.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Steve.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic