47506Re: [LIBERTYBASIC] liberty basic translation

    May 5, 2014
      Am 05.05.2014 17:49, schrieb Jeff Lehman:

      > Thanks for your response.
      >
      > In regards to trying to read the input bit values, they give and example
      > for using c / c+
      >
      > int cbDIn (int BoardNum, int PortNum, unsigned short *DataValue)
      >
      > seeing as how their software can read data from up to 99 units, the
      > boardnum represents which unit (in this case, board 1), the portnum is
      > which 8 bit port to use (the unit has 3), and I assume that the
      > DataValue is the returning information at the the byte input (0-255).
      >
      > Would you have an idea as how to translate the "c" version into
      > something that liberty basic would understand?

      See below.

      Since the DataValue variable is passed by reference (notice the
      asterisk), you need to use a structure, so the API function can fill in
      the value.

      The return value is an integer and not a void (nothing), so the VB
      translation used that to ignore the value, but that should not be used
      with LB.

      '---code start (watch for line wraps)

      struct DataValue, value as word

      calldll #cbw32, "cbDIn", _