47142Re: [libertybasic] Program still executing in background during NOTICE (works fine in debug mode)

    Nov 4, 2013
      Am 04.11.2013 20:04, schrieb mdkirb88@...:

      > Hi everyone,
      >

      > I have a timer set to execute the same code every 1 second. Every time
      > it executed the code it calls numerous subroutines. One of these
      > subroutines gives the user notices using the NOTICE function. During
      > the NOTICE I want the timer to stop executing. It does this in debug
      > mode, but constantly executes the code in the background otherwise. The
      > fields on the screen that are being updated by the timer remain
      > unchanged as long as the NOTICE is visible. However, when pressing OK
      > on the notice everything rapidly updates.
      > Does anyone know why this is happening and/or how to get around it?

      I think that the timer delay is to short and that timer events are
      building up even without the notice.

      I would go the following route:

      1) timer fires
      2) disable timer
      3) execute your routines
      4) enable timer

      If you disable the timer as the first action in your timer event
      handler, you should be fine, since there is no chance to build up timer
      events.