47131RE: RE: RE: RE: Listbox: clicking on empty space below Last item

  • green8819
    Oct 27, 2013

      Mystery solved .

      Those who tried, or still trying, to solve.....thanks. You can stop now.

      The solution: Remove the stylebits for the Listbox, #w.List.

      Got it by Trials and Fails.

      Besides that, there are 1 or 2 errors in mdTrial.bas that I posted in Files page.

      If you've downloaded, please remove it from your computer.

      ---In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, <libertybasic@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello Karemi, and others interested.
      Please try mdTrial.bas (Files page), and see if the bug can be eliminated.
      Thanks.
      Good night.

      P.S. This msg may appear twice. There was 'send' error msg

      ---In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, <libertybasic@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

       Yes, you are right.

      I am making a newer version of 'MiniDiary', which contains the error I am talking about. I can't post the code now because there are still a few minor changes to be made.

      Some time last year, I had posted earlier versions (eg: md53, md63, md65) which also contained this error. I do not have copies of these versions. If you have, please try run and have a look.

      When my new version is ready I will post the code.

      Thanks for the interest shown.

      Mike Green.

      ---In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, <libertybasic@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I think you need to show the code which does NOT work, rather than the code which does. Otherwise its a guessing game.

      ---In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, <libertybasic@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello,

      The following code works as expected.
      When I click below Dec nothing happens (correctly so).

      I use a similar code as a small part of another program.
      The problem there is, if I click below the last item (the empty space), it's behaving as though I had actually clicked the last item.

      Has anyone come across this problem?
      Any suggestion, solution?

      Thanks.

      '----start code
      nomainwin
      dim month$(12)
      mnName$="Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec"
      for x=1 to 12 :month$(x)=word$(mnName$,x) :next
      '---------------------------------------------------------
      WindowWidth = 100: WindowHeight = 400
      UpperLeftX=10 :UpperLeftY=10
      Listbox #w.List, month$(),[Selected],30,20,80,300
      textbox #w.tbx, 30,330,80,25
      '----
      Open "TST" for window_nf as #w
      #w "font arial 10 ":#w "trapclose [quit]"
      #w.List "font courier_new 10"
      #w.List, "singleclickselect [Selected]"
      wait
      '=========================================================