46186Re: playwave problem

    Feb 27, 2013
      Playwave is pretty well behaved. If the file you ask to play is not found you get a simple short default beep. If you don't specify ASYNC as the option the program will halt till the .wav file has played. This might take quite a time if the .wav file is large, corrupt or badly formatted. So I suspect that the .wav file on this persons computer is corrupted or has been replaced by a very long .wav file.

      Get them to navigate to the .wav file and double click on it so that the default Windows media player plays it. It should play normally or more than likely exhibit its failings.

      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "lorneokb" <lorneokb@...> wrote:

      > I have a customer complain that his program hangs when it attempts to execute playwave. As this is the only customer I have that reported this problem I suspect it is something in his computer. Regardless has anyone else had a problem with playwave? And if you have what is the solution?

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic