45207Re: [libertybasic] Re: Does anyone know?

    Jul 2, 2012
      Am 03.07.2012 02:14, schrieb Sam:
      > Modal dialogs may open in the upper left of the controlling window if you use position 1, 1, but for other values I have found the position largely random, and not always repeatable.

      Dialog windows inherit the DPI settings of the screen for their
      position, see http://libertybasicbugs.wikispaces.com/DIALOG-wrong+position

      Modal dialogs shouldn't be affected, but I don't know your environment,
      where that happened.

      > There are some other strange behaviors of controls on modal windows, such as radio buttons. Also, the idea of a modal dialog is to force the user to deal with it before returning to the controlling window. But if you carry it too far, with window A opening modal dialog B which opens modal dialog C, it suddenly becomes possible to activate window A without closing B and C.

      I haven't encountered any of those two situations, would you mind
      setting up an example to duplicate that problem?
      Detailed steps to reproduce it and the environment you are running on
      would be needed too.

      > Bottom line, you should probably avoid modal dialogs and simply deactivate window A as soon as window B is opened, then reactivate it when B is closed.

      Why would one like to have such a complicate way of doing things, when
      Windows is offering modal dialogs?