45206Re: Does anyone know?

  • Sam
    Jul 2, 2012
      Modal dialogs may open in the upper left of the controlling window if you use position 1, 1, but for other values I have found the position largely random, and not always repeatable.

      There are some other strange behaviors of controls on modal windows, such as radio buttons. Also, the idea of a modal dialog is to force the user to deal with it before returning to the controlling window. But if you carry it too far, with window A opening modal dialog B which opens modal dialog C, it suddenly becomes possible to activate window A without closing B and C.

      Bottom line, you should probably avoid modal dialogs and simply deactivate window A as soon as window B is opened, then reactivate it when B is closed.

      Sam W.

      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Pendl <pendl2megabit@...> wrote:

      > Am 02.07.2012 17:48, schrieb Harry:
      > > Do modal dialog boxes ope in the middle of the display regardless of the code-set valuse of UpperLeftX and ...Y? Figured I'd ask before I spent a lot of time looking for a non-existent glitch.
      > >

      > Modal dialogs are designed as support windows and not as main GUI windows.
      > The position is relative to the client-areas top-left corner of the
      > previously opened window.
      >
      > Open a regular window of type window and then open a modal dialog while
      > the other window is still open using the position 1 and 1.
      >
      > Notice the modal dialog is located in the top-left corner of the
      > previous window.
      >
      > This is how they have to be used, any other use is in contrary of what
      > they are designed for.
      >

      > --
      > Stefan Pendl
      > http://stefanpendl.runbasichosting.com/
      >
      > LB 4.04 Pro ... http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
      > LB 4.04 ....... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404setup.exe
      >
      > LB Community Wiki .............. http://basic.wikispaces.com/
      > LB Programmer's Encyclopedia ... http://lbpe.wikispaces.com/
      > LB Bug Tracker ................. http://libertybasicbugs.wikispaces.com/
      >
      > Books at http://www.lulu.com/ and http://www.amazon.com/
      > Alyce Watson ... APIs for Liberty BASIC
      > Carl Gundel .... Beginning Programming with Liberty BASIC
      >
      > Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
      > AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2GHz, 4GB RAM

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic