43554Re: Aligning text and objects

  • John
    Aug 2, 2011
      Thank you for the help. Very much appreciated.
      I used to program in basic quite a bit back in the old DOS days using GFA Basic on an Atari. Also did some basic stuff on a Commodore 64 but I am totally new at any windows type basic. I have to figure all this windows stuff out. I tried doing a very simple windows thing to just display some text as a learning project but while I got the window to appear including a 2 item menu that I set up, for some reason I could not get the text to display. I just used a simple Print statement but it would not display in the window. Lots to learn I guess. I'd like to find a place where I could get some sample code showing how to set up a window and get it to display something in the window. That way I might get a better understanding of how it works. Would you know of any sites that would have sample code snippets?

      Thanks again for you help.

      Cheers.

      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Rod" <rodbird@...> wrote:

      > If you mean you are using the mainwin display then just add spaces to your text or use the Tab() function.
      >
      > Print tab(20);"Hello"
      >
      > Puts Hello twenty spaces in.
      >
      > However, you have a fantastic learning experience ahead of you. The Mainwin which you play with how is actually the testing and development environment. You can use it just like an old console but the best bit is discovering the GUI windows and graphicboxes. You will have hours of fun and frustration :)
      >
      > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jcoones@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I purchased LB some time ago but never really got to use it much. I have since retired and now have time to learn how it works.
      > >
      > > One question I have, which may seem simple, is:
      > >
      > > when using NOMAINWIN, how do you position text in the display area? In other words, if I have some text that I want centered horizontally on the screen, what is the best way to do this?
      > >
      > > Thanks,

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic