43203Re: [libertybasic] Re: Cannot Write to Disk message

  • James L. Steele
    May 1, 2011
      Fred,

      I've watched and read of your difficulties. I have never had that problem
      in using LB in much the same way as you describe, probably more than six
      years now. Needless to say, my discovery and experiences with LB have
      been a gods end re numerous programs developed in Basic or QuickBasic.
      No difficulty or problems that could not be successfully over come. I
      don't have much of a clue as to why you are experiencing the error that
      you mention, but didn't you say you could clear that error and then
      perform the 'save as' using the exact same file name? If so, that must be
      a clue to what is happening. Seems like the disk controls are saying to
      use a different name or the disk empty disk space to write the file out
      under a new name(then it deletes the old copy I think) is unavailable to
      write in. If you are using 'save as' to write the same file name in the
      same location, it should tell you that file already exists, and ask if you
      want to over write. I don't know what happens if you say no to that
      question, but it may automatically write it as a second or third copy, etc
      of the same file name. Not sure whether or where the later actually gets
      done.

      In either case, same name or not, make sure all output files to the
      disk are closed, not just LB output files.

      Sorry I can't be of more help, maybe just sympathetic in total, but will
      be interested in how you fair with this. Again, I've never experienced
      that problem, always intel processor. What or whose processor chip are
      you using? Could it possibly lie all the way back to there?

      jim

      * James L. Steele, Retired ------ ?? *
      * Agricultural Engineer, Farmer, Consultant *
      * 4005 Coachman Road *
      * Manhattan, KS 66502, USA *
      * Ph: 785-539-1129 *
      * CPh: 641-680-7583 *