      From: Stefan Pendl <pendl2megabit@...>
      To: libertybasic@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, 9 February, 2011 21:06:56
      Subject: RE: [libertybasic] Serial Port Read

      > > My program to read values with the serial port (with
      > ntport.dll and zntport.sys)
      > > does not work in W7 64 bit. Is this normal and can it be solved?
      > >
      > > The program starts with:
      > > open "com4:9600,n,8,1" for random as #commHandle
      > > Port = hexdec("2EC")
      > > and always worked well in W98 and W XP.
      > >

      > I believe ntport and zntport are for parallel port access
      > only, and for that purpose the ancient versions that come
      > with LB are a disaster, so do not use them under any circumstances.
      >
      > If you actually have parallel port accesses (INP() and OUT)
      > in addition to serial port accesses, those DLLs may be the
      > problem, since they seem to trash part of LB's memory. If you
      > don't access the parallel port, I'm not sure what the problem is.

      The ntport DLLs are only needed by the INP and OUT commands as already stated,
      they do not involve serial port interaction.

      Both DLLs are old and do not fully support Vista and higher, nor 64-bit, but the
      latest version does, which Carl should include in
      the next major release.

      Liberty BASIC 4.04 Pro ... http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
      Liberty BASIC 4.04 ....... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404setup.exe

      Liberty BASIC Bug Tracker ... http://libertybasicbugs.wikispaces.com/