42372RE: [libertybasic] Serial Port Read

    Jan 2, 2011

      > I think this has gone far enough, especially as it seems to
      > be going nowhere.
      >
      > In message# 42349, Carl Gundel wrote:
      >
      > >> while lof(#k3radio) = 0 and tick < timeoutvar
      >
      > In message #42356, Stefan Pendl wrote:
      >
      > > When using binary operators, you need to group the left
      > and right hand side by parenthesis.
      >
      > > while (lof(#k3radio) = 0) and (tick < timeoutvar)
      >
      > > This is described in the help file.
      >

      > Does no one else see the irony? LOL. Cheers, G.P.

      Some questions:

      Can I contact Carl and get an instant response to a trivial question?
      Isn't it easier to consult the help file, which is at my hands?

      Has anyone found a table about relational operator precedence in the help file?
      Isn't it saver to code in a predictable way?

      Do I really have to create a test case to find out the relational operator precedence?
      Isn't it easier to have this included in the help file as it is for mathematical operators?

      Liberty BASIC 4.04 Pro ... http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
      Liberty BASIC 4.04 ....... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404setup.exe

      Liberty BASIC Bug Tracker ... http://libertybasicbugs.wikispaces.com/

      Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit RTM