41362Re: LPRINT....

  • sharpdj5927
    Sep 1, 2010
      Interesting to see how lprint can be used. The code below works fine. But it works the same on my usb laser printer without the DUMP command. I cannot get the printer to sit for more than a few seconds before it prints all the lprints it has received as in the program below. So how big is a printer buffer normally? and/or is there a timer in windows that flushes the buffer anyway? I cannot see anything in printer preferences that controls this.

      Best regards
      Derek Sharp

      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "green8819" <green8819@...> wrote:

      > Thanks to Derek, Stefan and Marc for the comments on PRINT/LPRINT.
      >
      > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "sabaumarc" <marcsabau@> wrote:

      > > > The graphics method PRINT is used to send the last flushed segment to a printer from a graphics box or window.
      > > >
      > > > LPRINT on the other hand only sends text to a printer.

      > > > LPRINT sends the text to print to a buffer and the contents of the buffer will be send to the printer with DUMP.
      > > >
      > > > If you use DUMP after each LPRINT, you will end up with one line per page.
      > > >
      > > > Usually you collect all the data needed to create a printed page, send that to the buffer with LPRINT and start printing the page
      > > > with DUMP.
      > > >
      > > > ---
      > > > Stefan Pendl
      > >
      > > See below a LPRINT example using "DUMP" with inkjet printer :
      > > PrinterFont$="courier_new 10 Bold"
      > > for S=1 to 79
      > > LT$=LT$+"-"
      > > next S
      > > LPRINT "DEPENSES DE ";nomasso$;DJT$
      > > TLP$= "------------"
      > > LPRINT TLP$
      > > LPRINT "DATE";tab(12);"NATURE";tab(62);"MONTANT"
      > > LPRINT LT$
      > > LPRINT
      > > for I=1 to DEP
      > > LPRINT depdate$(I);tab(12);depnat$(I);tab(62);depval$(I)
      > > next I
      > > LPRINT
      > > LPRINT tab(12);"TOTAL DEPENSES = ";tab(62);TOTALDEP$+" Euros"
      > > DUMP
      > >
      > > Marc SABAU.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic