      From: John Fisher <mr.john.f@...>
      To: libertybasic@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, April 5, 2010 4:18:36 AM
      Subject: Re: [libertybasic] Re: plot using EXCEL

      Can I use "EasterEgg" instead of w.g?
      No. But if you created a window called 'Easter' you could have in it a
      graphicbox called 'Easter.Egg'
      The dot indicates Easter.Egg is a 'child' or part of 'Easter'

      graphicbox #w.g, 2, 2, 800, 700
      OK 2, 2 is the border AROUND THE inner box - I dont like borders so I
      make it
      graphicbox #w.g, 0, 0, 800, 700
      800 is the vertical height 700 wide correct?
      No. The first two numbers are how far sideways & down from the top left
      to place the 800 by 700 box.
      However, in effect it was leaving a border of 2 on top and left. On
      right and bottom you have what's left after putting the 800x700 box
      wherever you chose.
      800 is horizontal, 700 vertical.
      It is ALWAYS across then down

      Where do I close BOTH windows? window for lovely plot and window for data?
      As the person running the computer, YOU do, at present, by clicking the
      windows closed.
      That's the 'wait' command.
      You could tell the computer to itself close YOUR window (after a delay)
      But you'll always have to close mainwindows yourself.
      Most of us only use it when debugging, and rem it out afterwards.

      ALL GRAPHICS PIXELS are from upper top left! BUT WE MUST "trick" LB to
      an offset from bottom - TRUE/ FALSE?
      Yes. If you want to think the normal Cartesian way from bottom left
      across and up you ADD offset to reach bottom, then subtract y to move UP.

      This line below, is how we plot the pixels - we "SET" AM I CORRECT?
      #w.g, "set "; xScreen; " "; yScreen
      Yes. Generally it will amount to eg 'set 500 200'.
      If xScreen is 20 and yScreen 50, you have to put them together in a
      string and YOU have to remember to add the spaces.
      Beginners often miss the space after 'set ' or the space between the two