39597RE: [libertybasic] Scheduling an EXE program to run under Vista

    Dec 1, 2009

      > Angus:
      >
      > Worked perfectly. Thank you for your help.
      >
      > Mike
      >
      > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Angus Mann"
      > <angusmann@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > When setting the scheduled task you will be asked for "Arguments"
      > >
      > > Use the path to the .tkn file as the argument...for example...
      > >
      > > C:\yourfolder\yourfolder\yourprogram.tkn
      > >
      > > All will work fine if you do this, and it's required in XP
      > as well as Vista.
      > >
      > > Angus
      > >
      > > Hmm, that is interesting. It works fien in Xp like how you
      > described from
      > > memory, althoghu not exactly sure with Vista.
      > >
      > > Eddie
      > >
      > > 2009/11/30 marmicpc <Marmicpc@...>
      > >

      > > > I have a small program developed with LB under Vista.
      > > >
      > > > I have set it up to run a certain time each day using the
      > Scheduler Tool
      > > in
      > > > Vista.
      > > >
      > > > The scheduler starts the .exe program, but then I get the
      > LB error message
      > > > that says it cannot find the .tkn file.
      > > >
      > > > The .bas, .exe, .tkn, and all of the associated run files
      > are in the same
      > > > directory. When I run the .exe within that directory, the
      > program runs
      > > > without error.
      > > >
      > > > When it is run by the Scheduler, I get the LB error
      > message that it cannot
      > > > find the .tkn. I know the error message is from LB,
      > because I renamed the
      > > > .tkn file in the directory, ran the .exe and got the same
      > error message.
      > > >
      > > > Is there something I have to do special because of
      > starting the program
      > > > with the scheduler in Vista?
      > > >
      > > > Mike

      Just to sum up on the issue, setting the working folder to the folder containing the EXE and TKN file is mandatory.
      If this does not resolve the TKN not found issue, you will have to add the fully qualified path to the TKN file as the first
      argument for the EXE file.

      Adding the TKN file as the first argument was the only way to execute a distribution package in the old days, before Carl included a
      feature in the runtime engine, which will search for a TKN file of the same name as the EXE in the current working folder.

      Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
      Liberty BASIC 4.04 public beta ... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404b3setup.exe

      Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2