36856Re: ifthenelseifthenelseifthenelseendifendifendit

  • marc.sabau
    Oct 1, 2008
      Gary,
      I prefer to use the SELECT CASE when it's possible.
      You work on Commodore Basic, I've begun 25 years ago with the
      Locomotive BASIC on AMSTRAD 6128 and 6256. LB V4.03 is better for
      working with Graphic Windows and so on.
      Do you have tried Turbo Pascal and Dbase ?

      Regards,

      Marc.

      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Gary Passmore <garpmore@...>
      wrote:

      > Marc, I admire your facility with IF...THEN...ELSE
      >
      > I have always found it unwieldy, and eschew it to avoid the
      syntax errors that usually resulted.
      > With your example, I see how it works, and am grateful, but
      think I'll continue to avoid it if possible.

      > CF. :
      >
      > grd=65+(g<90)+(g<80)+3*(g<70):print "Grade for score of ";g;"
      is ";chr$(grd)

      > One line... ain't that fine?
      >
      > (I go back to Commodore BASIC, when bytes were worth their weight
      in uranium, and can't seem to escape the habit.)