3573Re: Help with dll call

  • neilrichardcorcoran
    Mar 2, 2002
      --- In libertybasic@y..., Doyle Whisenant <mechanic@s...> wrote:
      > neilrichardcorcoran wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm trying to put together a program that uses the registry. I've
      > > tried to convert the VB syntax into LB but I keep getting
      a 'Dynamic
      > > Link Library Call Error'. Any suggestions on what I did wrong.
      > >

      > > Open "Advapi32" for dll as #Advapi32
      > >
      > > CallDll #Advapi32, "RegOpenKeyEx",_
      >
      > Try using: RegOpenKeyExA

      Thanks for the advice. I didn't realise the alias was different to
      the function name. Using the alias name stopped the 'Dynamic Link
      Library Call Error'. However the call isn't working successfully. I'm
      usaully pretty good at api calls in LB but this one is giving me
      trouble.

      It runs OK but the result is producing the number 87 which
      represents 'ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER'. I've tried everything I can
      think of to fix it but it won't return a successful result. Does
      anyone know where I could find some source code to a program that
      uses the registry?
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic