32781Re: Update's and Vista & Linux support

  • Richard Russell
    Jan 2, 2007
      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Chergarj@... wrote:
      > Fixing the "help" problem is the responsibility of Microsoft; the
      > new operating system is not ready for the public until helpfiles
      > operate correctly.

      Did you read the Microsoft article:

      That makes it quite clear that the old .HLP files won't be supported
      out-of-the-box under Windows Vista. To be fair to MS, they have
      been urging developers to abandon WinHelp in favor of HTMLHelp for
      years, so it should not have come as a surprise.

      > The "release of a utility or program to fix" must be part of a
      > revision in the new operating system.

      Microsoft do say that they will be making a utility available as a
      download, but that's not a very satisfactory solution. I expect
      Carl plans to update the help system to HTMLHelp in LB5.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic