29429Re: BAS anything special?

  • Jeremy
    Jan 1, 2006
      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Rahman"
      <dutch_gordon@y...> wrote:

      > And don't forget to save your file in plain (ASCII) text.
      > This means, you must save it in .TXT mode.
      > I would use notepad in stead of word because notepad saves in ASCII
      > automatically.
      >
      > Gordon.
      >
      > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Chergarj@c... wrote:
      > >
      > > In a message dated 01/01/2006 12:20:22 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      > > andysemailis@y... writes:
      > > >
      > > > <im pretty sure that a .bas file is the same as a txt file, if
      > you change
      > > > the extension on a bas to txt it opens fine, and visversa. but
      > as far as a doc
      > > > file goes, i dont think that it'll work that well, there probly
      > is special
      > > > 'makers' or what not for special features that arnt in just
      > plain txt files. as
      > > > long as you save your files in what ever word processer your
      > useing as a
      > > > plain txt file you should be fine. and i do belive that lb is
      > set up where it
      > > > colors everything after it is loaded into the program. i dont
      > know this for
      > > > sure, cause i never owned any version below 4.0 but if 4 is just
      > as simple as a
      > > > text file, one would think that going to a previous version
      > things wouldnt
      > > > get any more complex. the only thing you might have to look out
      > for is any code
      > > > change in the different versions, like the debugger might not
      > let you run a
      > > > program that would normally run fine if there wasnt a 'end if'
      > statment or
      > > > something like that.
      > > >
      > > > i think i answerd your question right,
      > > > &y
      > > >

      > > Probably yes. One thing worth trying is to create a simple
      > program using
      > > WordPad and save it; and then try to open it in Liberty BASIC and
      > see what
      > > happens.
      > >
      > > G C

      Hello, everyone.
      I am new here but I just noticed this post...
      .BAS, .TXT, .*, they can't be different at all. I think. You
      should be able to store the BASIC code in any form you want... because
      the program lets you! Look in preferences... "Source filename
      extention: [.BAS]" If you were to change that... then it would show
      that kind of file in the "open" window and auto-set the computer to
      open...let's say... ".DOC" with LB.

      I could be completely wrong. It just makes sense to me.

      - The Wiseone
      >> Stardate (really): 60503.6
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic