28172Re: [libertybasic] Hex and API Calls

  • Greg Bilik
    Oct 1, 2005
      Hi,

      Thanks Alyce. I'm not using underscores in variable names I just put that in my message because the API uses a windows constant and I was in that frame of mind.

      Greg

      Alyce Watson <alycewatson@...> wrote:
      At 02:33 PM 9/30/2005, you wrote:

      >Hi!
      >
      >A quick question. If an API requires a constant of hex 8000, &H8000 in
      >MSDN terms, will the following LB line take care of this?
      >
      > My_Constant=dechex(32768)

      MyConstant = hexdec("8000")

      Don't try to put underscores in your variable names. LB expects them to be
      its pre-defined Windows constants and will halt with an error. You could
      simply use the decimal equivalent, too.

      MyConstant = 32768

      Note, too, that LB doesn't have constants. You'll have to use literal
      values, or be sure that you don't change the values if you use variables.

      -Alyce

      Yahoo! Groups Links