27727Re: USB Support

  • mikensd5464
    Sep 2, 2005
      Thank you Brian (and David too). USB is one of those mysteries that
      appears very formidable, until you see enough of the picture and all
      the pieces necessary to get it to work. I have been reading "USB I/O
      by Design" by John Hyde, so that has given me a pretty good idea on
      the whole USB architecture. But that book is still pretty old and it
      assumes you have lots of Visual Basic support on the host
      side...something I was really trying to avoid. I still need to get a
      hold of Jan Axelsons book and read that.

      The idea of making my USB device CDC compatible sure sounds like the
      right way to go. 90% of the problem is often knowing which direction
      to start heading in. Thanks for pointing me in a good direction.

      Its great to know that LB can be used with a custom USB device
      programmed with CDC compatibility without any extra DLL's, etc.

      Mike

      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Schmalz" <brian.s@l...>
      wrote:
      > Mike,
      > OK, what you want to do is super easy. Download Microchip's
      CDC
      > firmware, compile for your board (however you design it - clocks,
      IOs,
      > etc.) and it will work. That's what I am doing and it works great.
      No