      From: libertybasic@yahoogroups.com [mailto:libertybasic@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of mikensd5464
      Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:38 PM
      To: libertybasic@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [libertybasic] USB Support

      I am developing a USB peripheral device. Eventually, I will need to
      have this device communicate on a Windows XP platform. The first
      question I have is, will I be able to use Liberty Basic to create an
      application on Windows XP to provide the communication between my USB
      device and Windows XP? Will I need to use (or can I use) the Windows XP
      API with Liberty basic to do this? How much Windows XP API knowledge
      would I need to obtain to do this? I am writing the firmware in the
      external USB device so I have complete control of what needs to be done
      for USB support in the device. I don't have any application level DLL's
      on the PC host to support the USB so I am wondering to what extent
      Liberty Basic could be used to provide this interface.

      I suppose I could look at Visual Basic to do this but that would seem
      like over kill if Liberty Basic could do the job.

      Is it worth considering Liberty Basic for this? And if so, where is the
      best place to find some helpful examples or tutorials for this.
      Any pointers in the right direction on how to do this would be

      Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home
      page http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic