Re: Refugee camp

  • Torgbi
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 6:55 AM
      I hear there is basically a 3 year plan to repatriate Liberians from
      Buduburum Refugee Camp back home. I remember the first group leaving
      ghana by ship, it was around 400 people. I am wondering, how many
      more ships have left for Liberia to date? Many, I hear, are
      interested in waiting till the October 2005 elections are over in
      Liberia before they return.
      Also, I am wondering, how many Ghanians and Ghanaian-Liberians are
      moving back to Liberia these days. Many male-female relationships
      have been developed between the two countries.

      --- In liberiaforum@yahoogroups.com, "cythie1" <cythie1@y...> wrote:

      > Hi Zoe, I have never been to the refugee camp myself but I have
      > adopted a young man who was there for several years. I do know
      that
      > many of the Liberians are now leaving the camp by boat or bus to
      go
      > back to Liberia. I know a few people who are still in the camp.
      And