Re: [Liberia Forum] The Mid-South Area?

  • consciousbrother67
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
      I am an African American who just returned from my first trip to
      Africa--Ghana to be specific. While there on business, a colleague
      who has a liberian wife brought me to the camp. I really feel the
      pain of our brothers and sisters there especially given Liberia's
      historical connection with the US. I want to do several things to
      assist. I have already agreed to pay for the education of a boy and
      a girl at a boarding school in Tema. They will start in January.
      However, I have lots of friends who can assist but as just not
      aware. Is there a way to get word out to some of the kids without
      working with any "agencies?" I would like to match them up with some
      of our colleagues, some college students here in the US, and some of
      our church folks so that they can find friends and sponsors. My
      primary interest would be kids whose education were interrupted or
      who are being inadequately educated at the camp. I spoke to several
      of the adults about their situation. Frankly, they were more
      interested in American husbands and wives than in education or
      training opportunities to help address their needs. Let me know if
      there is a way to get an ad out to them to have them write to one of
      our foundations and hopefully honestly identify themselves. I will
      be in Ghana again in the spring, so I can always do a personal
      verification of circumstances. I look for your help.
      Dr. Anthony Bernard

      --- In liberiaforum@yahoogroups.com, cindy harper <cythie1@y...>
      wrote:
      > hello, I'm so sorry , I havent answered you sooner. I'm not sure
      but if I come across any in my searches I will let you know. There
      are lots in Philadelphia. , cindy

      > candace_ongayo <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Just out of
      curiosity are there any liberians that live in the
      > memphis, Tennesee area? If so please let me know. I'd like to get
      > know some.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Service.

    • mogul211
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 23, 2004
        Thanks very much for your concerns and desire to help.
        I could also appreciate were you to get in touch with The Association
        Of Liberian Students in Nigeria (ALSIN). There are lots of Liberians
        in Nigeria who are in desperate need of an education. Their email is
        liberiastudents@....

        Thanks very much.

        mogul

        --- In liberiaforum@yahoogroups.com, consciousbrother67