Re: [Liberia Forum] The Mid-South Area?

  • cindy harper
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2003
      hello, I'm so sorry , I havent answered you sooner. I'm not sure but if I come across any in my searches I will let you know. There are lots in Philadelphia. , cindy

      candace_ongayo <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Just out of curiosity are there any liberians that live in the
      memphis, Tennesee area? If so please let me know. I'd like to get to
      know some.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • consciousbrother67
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
        I am an African American who just returned from my first trip to
        Africa--Ghana to be specific. While there on business, a colleague
        who has a liberian wife brought me to the camp. I really feel the
        pain of our brothers and sisters there especially given Liberia's
        historical connection with the US. I want to do several things to
        assist. I have already agreed to pay for the education of a boy and
        a girl at a boarding school in Tema. They will start in January.
        However, I have lots of friends who can assist but as just not
        aware. Is there a way to get word out to some of the kids without
        working with any "agencies?" I would like to match them up with some
        of our colleagues, some college students here in the US, and some of
        our church folks so that they can find friends and sponsors. My
        primary interest would be kids whose education were interrupted or
        who are being inadequately educated at the camp. I spoke to several
        of the adults about their situation. Frankly, they were more
        interested in American husbands and wives than in education or
        training opportunities to help address their needs. Let me know if
        there is a way to get an ad out to them to have them write to one of
        our foundations and hopefully honestly identify themselves. I will
        be in Ghana again in the spring, so I can always do a personal
        verification of circumstances. I look for your help.
        Dr. Anthony Bernard

        --- In liberiaforum@yahoogroups.com, cindy harper <cythie1@y...>
        wrote:
        > hello, I'm so sorry , I havent answered you sooner. I'm not sure
        but if I come across any in my searches I will let you know. There
        are lots in Philadelphia. , cindy

        > candace_ongayo <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Just out of
        curiosity are there any liberians that live in the
        > memphis, Tennesee area? If so please let me know. I'd like to get
        > know some.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Service.

      • mogul211
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 23, 2004
          Thanks very much for your concerns and desire to help.
          I could also appreciate were you to get in touch with The Association
          Of Liberian Students in Nigeria (ALSIN). There are lots of Liberians
          in Nigeria who are in desperate need of an education. Their email is
          liberiastudents@....

          Thanks very much.

          mogul

          --- In liberiaforum@yahoogroups.com, consciousbrother67