My Story

  • randy1315
    Message 1 of 50 , May 2, 2000
      I lived in Bomi Hills when I was between the ages
      of 11-15. I loved the gungles and all the fruit that
      was there. Had many friends from all around the
      world. Me and my friends went to a private school and
      the classrooms were so small. Only 15 or so students
      per class. It was a realll great experience to have
      that kind of attention. I remember that the movies was
      25 cents and the popcorn was 5 cents. Me and my dad
      would travel all over Liberia going to different
      villages and seeing what could be seen. Going to Monrivia
      from Bomi took forever in even a car since the road
      was dirt and had much damange in the rainy season.
      The people of Liberia was really great and so
      friendly. I wrote to two friends then they were lost to the
      war. It is sad. I talked to this really nice girl the
      other day and I hope that I have her name right
      (Debbie) you are really nice. Well better go I dream alot
      and miss my childhood in Liberia.<br>Randy
    • torgbi_of_chicago
      Message 50 of 50 , Nov 17, 2004
        Madam Emily Rose
        Deputy Resettlement Officer