It Will Not Be Lost If You Do Good and Forget It.”

  • rauf ullah
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2011

      Dear All

      AOA

      I am very sorry if I may have intruded into your privacy. I got many positive responses from professionals through PAKLAG, Librarianwelfre and libcooperation groups in respect of any paper request but now professionals are seem to be exhausted or they do not extend their cooperation intentionally.  Indeed, these forums play a vital role in professional development and act as the active plate forums for informal resource sharing/ cooperation amongst all professionals but now-e-days emails regarding congratulations and controversial matters are very popular on these forums. Before going to request you for papers, I would like to state that

      We don’t have access to NDL of Pakistan due to terms and conditions of license of the databases i.e. NIFA being an establishment of PAEC. A major problem faced by the readers of our library is the lack of current scientific literature. Scientific journals/ Databases are very expensive and we cannot afford to acquire current information, publications, databases etc for our library due to limited resources and budgetary constraints. This has resulted that our patrons are unaware of the tremendous advances in the field of science and technology. In order to meet the challenging and diversify needs of our library clienteles, I frequently requested you people through these forums but I do not receive a single paper in response of my requests during this year. It is, therefore, most earnestly requested to all professionals to help each others in all matters on humanitarian ground and expect rewards from All Mighty ALLAH instead of anybody else. Just work in accordance with English proverb “It Will Not Be Lost If You Do Good and Forget It.” Please find some time from your busy schedules and search the following papers for me.

      I would look forward to your kind advice and patronage to make our library is a source of current knowledge and information related to the biological sciences.

      1. A.-G. Bagnères,1,2 A. Pichon,1 J. Hope,3,4 R. W. Davis,4,5 and J.-L. Clément6. Contact Versus Feeding Intoxication by Fipronil in Reticulitermes Termites (Isoptera: Rhinotermitidae): Laboratory Evaluation of Toxicity, Uptake, Clearance, and Transfer Among Individuals. Journal of Economic Entomology 102(1):347-356. 2009
        doi: 10.1603/029.102.0145 Source: http://www.bioone.org/loi/ecen

      1. Ibrahim, S. A., G. Henderson, and H. Fei. 2003. Toxicity, repellency, and horizontal transmission of fipronil in the Formosan subterranean termite (Isoptera: Rhinotermiti-dae). J. Econ. Entomol. 96: 461467. source: http://www.mendeley.com/research/toxicity-repellency-horizontal-transmission-fipronil-formosan-subterranean-termite-isoptera-rhinotermitidae/

              http://www.bioone.org/loi/ecen

      3.    Prabhakar, M. Sing, Y. Newpane, S.P. 1998. Predicing Helicoperpa armigera      of chick-pea by using sex pheromone traps. Indian J. Ento. 60(4): 339-334.

      An enthusiastically waiting for any +ve response, please.

      Sincerely yours,

      (Rauf Ullah)

         Librarian