Fwd: Dr. Jagtar Singh takes over as President of the IATLIS (India) for the term 2008-2011

  • Muhammad Ahsan Tahami
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Jagtar Singh <jagtar.kindu@...>
      Date: 2008/11/30
      Subject: Dr. Jagtar Singh takes over as President of the IATLIS (India) for the term 2008-2011
      To: JESSE@..., rscao-l@..., ifla-l@..., a2k-request@..., Piyadasa Ranasinghe <piyarana1010@...>, pradeepa wijetunge <pradeepasal@...>, Muhammad Ahsan Tahami <matahami@...>

      Dear Professional Colleagues and friends,

      I have been elected President of the Indian Association of Teachers of Library and Information Science (IATLIS) India for a period of three years from N0vember 2008 to November 2011. IATLIS was founded in the year 1969 and is working relentlessly towards promoting LIS education, research, and training along with organizing annual conferences, regular training workshop. It has a good publications programme and also brings a regular newsletter entitled 'IATLIC Communications'. IATLIS strongly believes in academic and professional collaboration as well as joint organization of conferences, seminars, workshops and training programmes. It also works in close cooperation with the IFLA and other regional associations. Recently it collaborated with the National Institute of Library and Information Sciences (NILIS), University of Colombo, Sri Lanka. We are very keen to strengthen our ties with library associations like ALISE along with other active associations in the Asia and Pacific. Proposal for joint conferences, seminars, workshops, training and publication programmes are profoundly welcome.

      I eagerly look forward to sustainable academic and professional cooperation and  ties with all of you. Please take care.

      Profound regards,

      Jagtar Singh
      --
      Dr. Jagtar Singh,
      Professor and Head,

      --
      Muhammad Ahsan
      Chairperson

      President
      Pakistan Library Association Punjab
      &
      Librarian
      Quaid e Azam Library
      Bagh e Jinnah, Lahore - 54000, Pakistan

      Tel:  +92 (042) 9201007
      Mob: +92 (0321) 4207122

             http://www.plapunjab.org
             http://www.qal.org.pk

    • Mohinder Satija
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008
         Dr Jagtar singh is an internatinally known statesman of LIS profession in India.Congratulations and best wishes to him and to  the whole  profession for electing him unopposed to this coveted post.
         Let us support him whileheartedly in his efforts for regional coop in LIS education.
         Best wishes.
        M P

        Do what you say,Say what you do.

        Dr M P Satija,Professor