Re: Re: [lib-info-society] information retrieval skills

  • maram sama4a
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2006
      Hello,

      My mane is Maram Alajamy I am a postgraduate student in Sheffield
      University. I am doing MSc in information management. My dissertation
      is investigating the role that information professionals have in
      Knowledge management. It is often said that technical development has
      changed information professionals, but there are also management
      influence that can influence the roles of information professionals.
      KM has had a great deal of importance lately. The mean question is /
      (The approach is to see) Whether KM has had an influence on
      information professional's work, job tasks and skills? I will be
      thankful if you can help me with some information or any ideas about
      this subject. What I am trying to do now is to search the websites
      and analysing job adverts that have mentioned the "k" word
      (Knowledge) in it. And see what type of job description they have for
      information professional.

      1- I wonder if you can help me to find AD for information
      professionals in knowledge management organisations from the 2000
      until now. That will be very helpful for my dissertation.

      2- And I need more information about the research strategies and
      methodologies that are used in information studies. Spatially in
      monitoring the Information professional improvement and roles
      changing.

      Many thanks,

      Maram

      easy.com
      This message was sent from the free private e-mail service by easy.com, the portal site owned by Stelios and the easyGroup. This email service is available to all members of the public to use for personal reasons only. Not all subscribers to this e-mail service are representatives of an easyGroup company.
    • Gofrey Luyimbazi
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 14, 2006
        Dear Mariam,

        Please GOOGLE SCECSAL XVII TANZANIA. We have had nice papers on Knowldge Management and the role of LIS in knowldge management see: http://www.tlatz.org/scecsal2006/

[...]