New group for female hockey fans!!

  • t.m.parrell@nf.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2005
      Hi there,

      First of all, by sending this message I in no way mean to offend any of the great male hockey fans out there who have welcomed me with open arms in these hockey groups.

      I've decided to start a new Yahoo Group, aimed at female hockey fans out there. I'm currently a member of a number of hockey groups, however there are still alot out there I would like to join, or I have joined that Im not welcomed on because I am a female. I am a HUGE hockey fan, I have been my whole life and it really upsets me that there are men out there who treat me like I dont have a clue when it comes to hockey and sports just because I am a woman. Like I said there have been some great guys out there who I know don't treat women like this, however I know from experience that there are still too many who do. I've decided to make a yahoo group where women can feel comfortable to join and discuss the greatest sport in the world. This group will have NO TOLERANCE for PUCK BUNNIES. We don't care which players have the nicest asses or the best bodies, we are women who love the sport of hockey for what it is, a great sport.

      If you are a woman who would be interested in joining this group, please click on the link below. Like I said, if you're joining just because you are a girl and you think you might find someone else to share in who you think is a hot hockey player, then don't bother joining as this group is not for you. I dont care if you play hockey, just enjoy watching it, or if you're kids play, as long as you're a fan and not a puck bunny please join. We don't care who you're favorite team, player or country is, as long as you're a fan!! This will be a safe place for us all to talk hockey and meet new friends without the threat of having someone who thinks they're better than you harrass you with posts and emails about being a woman or accuse you of being a puck bunny just because you are a woman.

      I know I've definatly made this group sound scarier than it actualy is lol, but it's just a place to have fun, talk hockey and have a good time. So if you're interested, check us out at http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/lilmisshockeypants/ and I look forward to seeing you all there. Also, if you know any other woman who might be interested in joining, pass on the link, the more the merrier!!

      Finally, like I said above, I didn't start this group to offend any of the great men out there, it's just that there's not enough of you out there!!

      Tracey