President's Cup Prediction

  • vcpenaltyshot
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2002
      And then there were two....

      We're down to the final two teams in the QMJHL and its the
      Victoriaville Tigres and the Acadie-Bathurst Titan.

      The Victoriaville Tigres had an easy time in the first round with the
      Rouyn-Noranda Huskies, and a relatively easy time in the second round
      with the Hull Olympiques, but the third round against Shawinigan was
      an absolute war. The Tigres managed to take the series in 7 and that
      was thanks in large part to the goaltending of Daniel Boisclair.
      Since coming in from Cape Breton, he has been in top form and left
      the Cataractes scratching their heads. The Victo offense is thanks
      in large part to Danny Groulx, Matthew Lombardi, Mikhail Deev,
      Antoine Vermette and Carl Mallette. The last time the Titan and
      Tigres met, the Titan were able to shut those players down for the
      most part, and really controlled the game in Victoriaville.

      The Titan are rested and have had very good success in this year's
      playoffs, going to 5 games against both Quebec and Cape Breton. Adam
      Russo is in top form, allowing only 16 goals in 10 games.
      Victoriaville (Boisclair/Manzato) have allowed 51 goals in 16 games.

      The key stat is penalty killing, as Victoriaville is killing off 74%
      of their penalties, and Bathurst is killing off 94% of theirs.
      Powerplays will be key in this series, and I think that benefits the
      Titan.

      PREDICTION: ACADIE-BATHURST TITAN IN 6!!

      I am leaving tomorrow morning for Bathurst and Games 1 & 2; and
      already have my tickets reserved for games 3 & 4 in Victoriaville.

      Get your horns on, and GO TITAN GO!!
    • zorro_email
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2002
        It's a good one VC and i completly agree with you. I was in Bathurst
        for game 1 and 2 and we've misses each other. Well i will be there
        on next friday in the KC and maybe it would be a good idea to shake
        your hand because i dont know such a good hockey fan in junior
        hockey! Keep posting...it's brilliant!

        Zorro

        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2002
          Zorro,
          I had a great time in Bathurst, it is truley a beautiful facility
          and the Chaleur Bay area is absolutely amazing. However, 16 hours (8
          hours each way) is more than enough of a trip for me, so Game 5 in
          Bathurst will be played without me. I am just hopeing that the Titan
          can win it in 6 so I will be there in Victoriaville!

          Perhaps some other time we can meet up at a game!

          Take Care,
          VC