2nd round predictions

  • vcpenaltyshot
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2002
      Well, this should be a very exciting second round!!!

      In the Lebel Conference

      Shawinigan -vs- Drummondville
      - Shawinigan in 6. I think that even without Jason Pominville,
      Shawinigan is a much more balanced team than Drummondville. So far
      in the playoffs, the Voltigeurs have relied way too heavily on Jean-
      Francois Racine, and in some cases, he hasn't been able to make the
      big save. At the other end of the ice, you have Olivier Michaud, who
      struggled down the stretch, but should be ready for battle. I think
      the edge goes to Shawinigan in the case of backups, as I would take
      Guillaume Lavalee over P-O Girouard any day. It should be an
      entertaining series, and i think the player to watch is Alexandre
      Menard-Burrows, he always has big games against Drummond. Also,
      can't wait for Michael Stacey against Hunter Lahache

      Hull -vs- Victoriaville
      -Victoriaville in 5. I just think that Victoriaville is way too
      strong for the Olympiques and Eric Lafrance. The Olympiques were
      lucky to squeeze out the 7 game series win over Montreal, a team that
      doesn't have anyone you could call a sniper after Lutes and
      Bergeron. With the return of Vermette, the Tigres have the most
      explosive offense in the Q right now, and they have a standout goalie
      in Daniel Manzato, and if he should falter in a game, Daniel
      Boisclair is right there. Ales Hemsky most likely will not play due
      to a knee injury, but don't be surprised if he does get in for the PP.

      In the Dillio Conference

      Acadie-Bathurst -vs- Quebec
      - Bathurst in 5. Quebec turned a lot of heads in sweeping
      Chicoutimi, but i think they just got to an inexperienced goaltender
      in Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers. The Titan have an excellent playoff
      goalie, in Adam Russo, and I think they have a more well-balanced
      team. The first round be has given them time to heal some wounds,
      which means that everyone from Antoine Bergeron to Jonathan Ferland
      are 100% healthy for the series. I think the Titan have too many
      weapons are far better defence to make this a short series. I am not
      sold on Lachance and Berube as #1 goalies.

      Cape Breton -vs- Halifax
      - Cape Breton in 7. This one is going to be a war. I dont know how
      Cape Breton has done it, but they are an elite team in this league
      and are still gaining momentum. led by Marc-Andre Fleury, the Eagles
      are definitely a younger team than Halifax, but i think Halifax has
      the edge in veterans, as Jason King, and Dany Dallaire are both team
      leaders at 20. I think the younger Cape breton team will be able to
      hold off Jason King (maybe 3-4 goals in the series), and this game
      goes to the 7-game limit, with the Eagles sqweeking it out.
    • zorro_email
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2002
        Exellent predictions so far VC, and it was the same for me. Serious
        things are coming now and we will have a surprise with the next round.
        I think Shawinigan is done now and Victoriaville will go trough with
        a participation to the president cup final. Victo will win in 6
        against Shawinigan. Vermette, Brunelle, Lombardi, Groulx and Malette
        is too much to handle for Michaud. Pomminville is gonna be missed by
        the team.

        In the Dilio conference final, Acadie-Bathurst will be advantage by a
        week of rest and if Halifax win in 7 against Cape Breton it will be
        perfect for the Titan. However, if the Eagles win in 6 it will be
        tough for Bathurst. Twice in the regular season they have been
        crunched 9-3 and 12-2 by Dominic Noel and his teammates! So i hope
        Halifax get beack on track, because the Eagles will go to the
        president cup final!

        Keep on posting folks!