An endeavor that might surprise you

  • Katharine Royal
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2005
      I'd like to share with all of you an exciting journey on which my husband and I are currently embarking.  Many of you I am writing to are disabled.  Many of you are members of the GLBT community.  You come from all over the globe, represent many different cultural backgrounds, as well as socioeconomic backgrounds.  Many of you are Christians, and just as many are not.
      But let me ask you this: How many of you have been hurt, in one way or another, by Christians or by the so-called "Christian faith"?  How many of you have been told that you're going to hell because you're gay, that you're worth less because of the color of your skin, that you have to be healed of your disabilities in order to fulfill the plan that God has for your life?
      If these things sound familiar, some of you may associate Christians with exclusion and even hatred.
      Well, not all Christians are like that, and here's the reason my husband and I are so excited.  We are both called into the ministry of planting churches.  We now are in the process of planting a church in Southern California that has "no walls", in other words no dividing structures up between different groups of people.  We want to have a church where everyone is welcome, everyone is equal, nobody is judged or left out.
      I realize that not all of you live in California, but even if you don't, there are ways you can help.  We're hoping to have a group of people willing to be faithful prayer warriors for us.  We're also hoping that there are some of you out there who have experience planting churches who can offer pointers.  We're also hoping that some will be able to assist us financially.
      If you have any interest in this mission; in showing the true face of what Christianity is supposed to be, please drop me an email and let me know how you see yourself fitting into the mission.
      In the love of the Great Reconciler,

      Discover Yahoo!