FW: So what's going on in your parish?

  • D.L.Bullock
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18 7:45 AM
      This is a report from the Vicar of Transfiguration in Lake St. Louis--a growing church in the middle of explosive suburban growth in the St. Louis area.   This is where the lesbian wedding occurred that I forwarded to some groups in the past few days.
      Lynn

      Good news as well from Church of the Transfiguration, in conservative St. Charles County.  We continue to witness to the love of God for everyone by our witness in our words and deeds and we continue to see people coming who respond to grace and love.  Attendance is good and membership is up and our pledges for 2004 are up by 20%.  That does not mean we do not have our own struggles and problems like every other congregation.  However, i light of those who have proclaiming the doom and gloom of the Episcopal Church - well, it just isn't happening out here in Lake St. Louis.  We have new vigor in our Christian Education department and women of the church have organized with a kick off for our new ECW with a dinner as its first event being attending by over 45, and with a mission that is not only for fellowship, but for outreach to those in our local community by service and assistance with other outreach ministries from other churches.