old res skating questions

  • JJ Krawczyk
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
      Hello,

      I tried to find information on this topic on the town web site to no
      avail...

      We've been skating on the old res for the last few weekends. This
      weekend, it was apparent that a plow had been out to clear most of
      the ice. Does the town do this? Also, does anyone know if the town
      tests for ice depth? I had figured it was purely "skate at your own
      risk" but since it was plowed recently, it has me wondering.

      Thanks in advance.

      JJ Krawczyk
    • Vicki Blier
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
        I wouldn't assume that it was the town that plowed. We have a lot of
        grown-up hockey players in this town and many of them have trucks
        and probably plows too. Maybe the recreation department can give you
        some official word.
      • Edith Sandy
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
          I think skating on natural ice is *** always *** "at your own risk"
          (because even if it's tested periodically, conditions can change). That

          --
          Edith Sandy esandy@...